Sunday, September 18, 2011

Kansas City Hempfest 2011

For the last week or two, I've been excited about attending this year's Hempfest in my town. Overall, the experience was not at all what I expected.

There was a handful of tents selling various things, maybe sixty people altogether, and some music. Did I mention it was raining and freezing outside? Damn the weather people and their false reports. I made over forty pieces of hemp jewelry in hopes of selling some, or at least make a few friends, but that was not the case; I still have the same amount that I had when I left my house. Out of the handful of "vendors," there was one who was selling hemp necklaces, and although they were nice, they weren't anything I hadn't seen before.

No one talked to us ("us" being my aunt, her boyfriend, my friend, and myself), several people walked by, but unless they were running the event or trying to advertise or sell their products, we were ignored, with the exception of my friend who happened to know several people there and was all over the place. I didn't feel the peaceful vibe I should have felt.

I don't believe I'll be attending Hempfest next year. Although it's to support a good cause, creating what felt like a social event for it just doesn't seem to help legalize the growing of hemp in the United States.

My aunt and I

The tents

Brownie

Banana muffin

1 comment:

  1. Did you realize there's a 12 word phrase you can tell your man... that will trigger intense feelings of love and impulsive attractiveness for you deep within his heart?

    That's because hidden in these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's impulse to love, idolize and look after you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Who Trigger A Man's Love Impulse

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will drive him to work harder than ever before to build your relationship stronger.

    As a matter of fact, fueling this dominant impulse is absolutely binding to having the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will soon find him open his mind and heart to you in such a way he's never expressed before and he'll identify you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete